I’d like to route a KB3 program to the Aux outs but also disable the internal leslie effect as I plan on connecting into an external leslie/sim. How can this be done?
All output routing occurs at the program level. So, to begin:
1) (optional) Start by reading the “Routing Programs to the Auxiliary Outputs” tutorial to see how to edit a program’s basic output assignment. This will route the KB3 program, in its entirety (incl. FX), to the Aux outs.To then disable the leslie and cabinet simulation, continue below:
2) On the [PROGFX] page, highlight the current effects chain.
3) Press Edit. You will see:
4) Using the cursor buttons, highlight the FX block named “KB3b” and press [Remove] (depending on the specific effect chain, this block may be in varying positions and/or you may see two instances (if 2 KB3b blocks are present, remove each). In the example here, it is FX block 2).
KB3b creates the leslie portion of the effects process. Removing it thus disables the internal leslie.
In addition to removing the leslie, you will likely also want to disable the internal cabinet simulation as well, which is a separate process (generated by one or possibly two KB3a blocks). This will produce or truer, more balanced tone for your external amp/sim to work with, especially if you are running mono. The KB3a block however generates more than just the cabinet effect (also handling the vibrato/chorus circuit and distortion elements), so we cannot simply remove it entirely in this instance.
5) To disable just the cabinet simulation portion of the KB3a effect, check the [MOD1 ], [MOD2 ] and/or [MOD3 ] pages for a free unused FX MOD. Here in our example the first free MOD could be found on the [MOD 2 ] page.
6) Assign any free MOD you find to “Cab In/Out” as pictured below:
Note Box1 is chosen as this corresponds to FX Box 1, which is KB3a in our example. Assign the “Param:” to Cab In/Out and “Adjust” to Out. This will disable the cabinet sim. If the FX Chain you are editing has two KB3b blocks you will need to create another/similar MOD for disabling the cabinet sim in that separate FX box as well.
7) Press Exit and Save your tweaked effect chain.
8) Press Exit and Save again to save the final Program, now using your custom effect chain.
You have now routed a KB3 sound to the Aux outs, minus the leslie and cabinet simulation but have left the other KB3 performance features intact, such as drawbar controls, vibrato/chorus circuit and any tube distortion that may be employed.