How can I load user Programs/Multis into the Forte SE?
Forte SE compatible files can be loaded from either a USB flash/thumb drive or directly from a computer via USB cable connection.
1. Connections and File Preparation:
If wanting to load from a USB flash/thumb drive (USB Device) plug a flash/thumb drive (containing the desired file) into the Forte SE back-panel USB “Storage” port.
If wanting to load directly from your computer (PC Virtual Drive) connect a USB cable between the Forte SE’s USB “Computer” port and a free USB port on your computer. At step 5 below you will be prompted to copy the desired file to the PC Virtual Drive.
2. On the Forte SE, press the front panel GLOBAL mode button, you will see:
3. Press the soft [FILE ] button.
4. Using the Alpha Wheel, Previous/Next and/or Cursor buttons, select either “USB Device” or “PC Virtual Drive” pursuant to your connections above:
If choosing the “PC Virtual Drive” method a temporary removable USB drive representing the “Forte SE” will now mount on your computer (if you are using a Windows based PC you may also see a message indicating ‘device drivers’ are being installed. This is normal and only happens the first time you use this connection.)
5. Press [LOAD ]: (in our example here we are using a USB Device)
If loading via the “PC Virtual Drive” method you will be prompted at this step to “copy the file into the virtual drive”:
On your computer copy the desired file to the temporary removable USB drive representing the “Forte SE”. When the file is completed copying press [OK ] and follow the on screen prompts.
6. As needed, use the Alpha Wheel, Previous/Next, Cursor and/or Parent/Open buttons to navigate to and highlight the file you wish to load:(only one file may be loaded at a time).
7. Press either [Fill ] or [Ovwrte] (overwrite) to choose how you want the data to load into the system – there are two methods available:
|FILL: Loads Programs/Multis sequentially into EMPTY user ID slots, filling in any gaps. No existing Programs/Multis will be erased.||OVWRTE: First deletes all USER Programs/Multis present in memory then loads the Programs/Multis from the file in the same order in which it was originally saved.|
|If choosing OVWRITE you will be prompted to confirm your choice to erase all User Programs/Multis currently residing in memory. Press YES to proceed.|
(For further details, see chpt. 12 in the Forte SE Musician’s Guide ).
8. A brief “Indexing…” message will be displayed while things are loaded followed by “Objects loaded OK”. You will then return to the main Storage screen.
9. Press Exit, Program, Multi or Global to leave File mode. The loaded objects will appear in the User bank.