What are the steps to assign a foot pedal to advance programs in Program Mode?
All references to the “PC3” apply equally to both the PC3 and X-Pro models.
1) With the power off, connect a foot switch pedal into any available “Switch Pedal” input on the unit’s back panel. Then power up. Do not step on the pedals during the boot up sequence.
2) Press MIDI, then press [XMIT ]:
3) Highlight the current Control Setup (default = 126 Internal Voices) and press EDIT.
4) Press [more > ] twice
5) Press the FT SW soft button corresponding to the Switch Pedal jack you connected to in Step 1 above. In our example here we used Switch Pedal 2 (FT SW2)
6) Using the cursor buttons, data wheel and/or alphanumeric keypad, assign the pedal parameters as follows:
TIP: To quickly assign the OnControl to “DataInc”, move the cursor to the OnControl field and simply type 96+Enter on your keypad
7) Press EXIT, then press [Yes ] then [Save ] when prompted to save this new** ControlSetup. You’ll note an option to Rename this setup as well if you choose to do so.
**Note: once you have edited the Control Setup and saved it, be certain THAT new ControlSetup is left as the current one on the MIDIMode:Transmit screen to ensure your new pedal assignments are in effect.
TIP: If you wish, you could also go back through these steps, assigning another separate pedal (like FT SW3 for ex.) to “DataDec” (97+Enter) so that you can move backward through the list of Programs as well.