Electronic Hardware Technician
Young Chang R&D Institute (YCRDI), a division of HDC Young Chang, is seeking an experienced Electronic Hardware Technician. Located in Waltham, MA, YCRDI is the U.S. site for developing professional quality electronic musical instruments under the Kurzweil brand name.
- Assisting Hardware Engineers with designing, building, and testing product prototypes.
- Assembly and disassembly of product enclosures and boards for troubleshooting and repair.
- Designing and building test fixtures.
- Breadboarding electronic circuits.
- Assisting with ordering parts and preparing parts kits for PCB assembly.
- Making cables for prototype systems, including selecting, measuring, cutting wire, installing connectors, applying shrink wrap and tie wraps.
- Responsible for maintaining the Hardware Lab, part inventory, maintenance /calibration of lab test equipment.
- Using PC-based tools for testing embedded hardware systems.
- Life testing electro-mechanical parts.
- Audio quality testing using Audio Precision.
- Soldering/ desoldering of SMT circuit components, thru-hole connectors, and rework wires.
- Technical and logistic support for other YCRDI departments.
- Able to read circuit schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Able to understand component datasheets.
- Operation of hand-held power tools, drill press and saws for building prototypes.
- Proficiency with soldering tools and techniques.
- Familiarity with schematic capture tools, such as ORCAD, is a plus.
- Familiarity with PCB layout tools, like PADS, is a plus.
- Familiarity with Lab View is a plus.
- Knowledge of Analog Electronic Engineering is a plus.
- Familiarity with Electronic Musical Instruments is a plus.
About Young Chang
Young Chang was established in 1956 as the first piano brand in Korea’s history. Young Chang has become synonymous with reliability and quality, with each instrument undergoing hundreds of individual painstaking steps in order to produce the perfect finished product. Each piano made has been produced with the heart and soul of Young Chang.
About Kurzweil Music Systems
Kurzweil Music Systems was founded in 1982 by Ray Kurzweil, with inspiration from Stevie Wonder after having collaborated together on a reading machine for the blind. In 1983 the Kurzweil K250 keyboard was considered the first successful attempt to realistically emulate the sound of a grand piano. Since then, Kurzweil has been renowned for being a major innovator in the music technology industry who continues to redefine electronic keyboard instruments.
We offer excellent benefits and a challenging work environment. No relocation provided.
To apply this position, please send your resume and cover letter to
Principals only, no agencies and no phone calls, please