Embedded Software Engineer
We have an immediate need for an Embedded Software Engineer at our digital piano and professional keyboard musical instrument research and development facility in Waltham, MA
- Write general software at any level for musical instruments in the software department: from drivers, diagnostics and operating system code to applications and user interface code
- Fix bugs and perform maintenance of current deployed code
- Write and design tests for hardware and software components of musical instruments
Knowledge and Skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and collaboratively as necessary
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with a diverse group of people
- Ability to prioritize work assignments appropriately and manage pressure of conflicting demands
- Bachelors in computer science, electrical engineering or related field
- 2+ years of C/C++ programming experience
- Experience with Linux environments
- Team-oriented, enjoy working in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work within strict deadlines
Additional Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with embedded processors and operating systems
- Ability to read schematics, basic hardware debugging and use of debugging tools such as oscilloscopes or multimeters
- Experience with music synthesizers, sequencers, effects processing and DAWs is a plus
- Knowledge of MIDI
- Experience with digital signal processors is a plus
About Young Chang
Young Chang was established in 1956 as the first piano brand in Korea’s history. Young Chang has become synonymous with reliability and quality, with each instrument undergoing hundreds of individual painstaking steps in order to produce the perfect finished product. Each piano made has been produced with the heart and soul of Young Chang.
About Kurzweil Music Systems
Kurzweil Music Systems was founded in 1982 by Ray Kurzweil, with inspiration from Stevie Wonder after having collaborated together on a reading machine for the blind. In 1983 the Kurzweil K250 keyboard was considered the first successful attempt to realistically emulate the sound of a grand piano. Since then, Kurzweil has been renowned for being a major innovator in the music technology industry who continues to redefine electronic keyboard instruments.
We offer excellent benefits and a challenging work environment. No relocation provided.
To apply to this position, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Principals only, no agencies and no phone calls, please.