Using a Foot Switch Pedal to Increment Programs in Program Mode
What are the steps to assign a foot pedal to advance programs in Program Mode?
All references to the "PC3" apply equally to both the PC3 and X-Pro models.
- With the power off, connect a foot switch pedal into any available "Switch Pedal" input on the unit's back panel. Then power up. Do not step on the pedals during the boot up sequence.
- Press MIDI, then press [XMIT ]:
- Highlight the current Control Setup (default = 126 Internal Voices) and press EDIT.
- Press [more > ] twice
- Press the FT SW soft button corresponding to the Switch Pedal jack you connected to in Step 1 above. In our example here we used Switch Pedal 2 (FT SW2)
- Using the cursor buttons, data wheel and/or alphanumeric keypad, assign the pedal parameters as follows:
|TIP: To quickly assign the OnControl to "DataInc", move the cursor to the OnControl field and simply type 96+Enter on your keypad
- Press EXIT, then press [Yes ] then [Save ] when prompted to save this new** ControlSetup. You'll note an option to Rename this setup as well if you choose to do so.
**Note: once you have edited the Control Setup and saved it, be certain THAT new ControlSetup is left as the current one on the MIDIMode:Transmit screen to ensure your new pedal assignments are in effect.
|TIP: If you wish, you could also go back through these steps, assigning another separate pedal (like FT SW3 for ex.) to "DataDec" (97+Enter) so that you can move backward through the list of Programs as well.
Need more info? Check out the following links: