Advance Through User Setups with a Foot-Switch Pedal
How can I use a foot-switch pedal to increment through User Setups?
- You will need a dual-switch type pedal connected to the "Sustain" input (one side to be used -presumably- for sustain, the other for Setup switching). An example of such a pedal would be Kurzweil's KFP-2S
- In Setup Mode, select your Setup and press EDIT SETUP.
- Press Zone 1, 2, 3 or 4 to select the zone you wish to add this pedal functionality to - for example, here we selected Zone 3.
CAUTION: Use the following pedal settings on only ONE Local based zone. Applying it to more than one zone will create duplicate events and thus cause your Setups to advance by more than one at a time.
- Using the CHAN/PARAM buttons, navigate to the following FtSw2 parameters and assign as follows:
- Press SAVE twice to re-save this Setup as usual. Done.
- The way this will operate is with each pedal press the current user Setup will increment up to the next user Setup ID. So this will mean having the desired Setups lined up sequentially in the Setup mode User bank as needed such that you are just incrementing up a preestablished list. To learn how to move Setups around in User memory, be sure to see the tutorial "Deleting and Moving Programs/Setups in User Memory".
- There is also corresponding 'SetupDec' option (decrement) to permit moving backwards through the User Setup list, however since the SP4 only supports 2 foot-switch pedals you must choose what two switch pedal functions are a priority. You could give up sustain pedal and use one pedal for Increment and one for Decrement but that is not a trade most would want to make.
Need more info? Check out the following links: