How can I restore my SP76/88/88x to factory defaults? (Hard Reset)
How can I restore my SP76/SP88/SP88X to its factory defaults?
Caution: Hard resetting will erase all user memory! Need be, save any custom programming via sys-ex dump before proceeding.
SP76/88/88x Series Hard Reset Procedure:(from page 7-6 in the manual)
- turn power off. Hold down the two “PANIC” buttons. (“COLUMN SELECT” AND “ROW SELECT”). Turn the unit back on. When LED’S have flashed twice, release the “PANIC” buttons.
- the display should read “PLC.” Press “ROW SELECT” (the right panic button) one time.
- the display should now read “CPU.” Press the “COLUMN SELECT” button (the left panic button) one time.
- the display should flicker then show “rON.” Press “ROW SELECT” five times until the display reads “1n1”.
- Press “COLUMN SELECT” one time.
- press the up arrow (yes) once.
- the display should show “PAS.” Turn the unit off/on - it is now reset.
If the above methods do not successfully restore your unit's normal operation it will likely be time to take the unit to an authorized Kurzweil service center for repairs.
Need more info? Check out the following links: