How can I restore my SP4 to its factory defaults?
All references to the "SP4" apply equally to the SP76II as well.
Caution: Hard resetting will erase all user memory ! Need be, back up any custom programming before proceeding (please see "Saving User Data (BackUp)" for details.
There are two methods for performing a hard reset on an SP4 Series keyboard:
Global Mode Method: (with the SP4 powered up in normal operating modes)
- press GLOBAL, then the Chan/Param Down button until you see:
- press Next/+, you'll see:
- press Next/+ again - you will see:
...as the SP4 reboots and following, will be completely reset.
System Mode Method: (useful if you are unable to perform the Global mode method)
- Power the SP4 OFF.
- Press/Hold the SHIFT button while you turn the SP4 ON.
- Release the SHIFT button once you see the scrolling title screen:
You will then see:
- Press Chan / Param UP until you see:
- Press Next/+ once. The SP4 will display:
- Press Next/+ again. The SP4 will display:
- power the unit off, and back on again normally.
The unit will then reboot, at which point it will be completely reset back to factory defaults.
Need more info? Check out the following links: