Storing User Data to USB Thumb Drive (Backing Up the Entire User Memory)
What are the steps to save all my data to a USB thumb-drive?
The PC3LE storage interface permits taking a very wide or narrow view of what you can select to save from the PC3LE's memory. You can save every item in user memory, save custom groupings or be as selective as saving just one single object. Your choice. For complete details on all the selection options available, please see the PC3LE Owner's Manual starting on pg. 11-5.
The following example illustrates backing up the entire user memory into one convenient file.
- Insert a compatible USB thumb drive into the back panel USB "Storage" port.
- Press the front panel STORAGE mode button, you will see:
- Press [STORE]:
- On this screen you can choose to simply [SvAll] (save all user memory) -OR- be more selective by pressing [Select]. Again for our example here we will choose [SvAll].
- Choose a directory for your file: The PC3LE storage system supports organizing your files into subdirectories if you wish. For this example we will simply save to the root directory (Path:). Press [Ok]
- Name your file: Using the alphanumeric keypad give your file a name. For the example here we left the default name "filename". Press [OK] when finished.
- A message will briefly flash on screen indicating the file was created. You will then be brought back to the main Storage Mode screen.
Need more info? Check out the following links: