Using a Foot Switch Pedal to Increment Programs in Program Mode
What are the steps to assign a foot pedal to advance programs in Program Mode?
- With the power off, connect a foot switch pedal into any available "Switch Pedal" input on the unit's back panel (assuming you are already using SW1 for sustain, connect to SW2). Then power up. Do not step on the pedals during the boot up sequence.
- Press Setup and select Setup #126 "Internal Voices":
Note: though the application here relates to operating in Program mode, the programming occurs in Setup mode.
- Press EDIT:
- Press [CTRLS ]:
- You will see:
- Set the 'Controller' field to "SW Pedal 2":
|TIP: you can simply scroll up to this selection OR faster, use Intuitive Entry to select the SW2 pedal - press+hold the ENTER button, then step on and release the SW2 pedal.
- Set the 'OffValue', 'OnControl' and 'OffControl' fields as depicted below:
|TIP: to quickly assign the OnControl to "DataInc", move the cursor to the OnControl field and simply type 96+Enter on your keypad
- Press SAVE. Initially you will be prompted to save to the first unused Setup ID#. Instead, choose Setup #126 to save back on top of. Press SAVE again to confirm (you can press the hard or soft save button):
|TIP: you can manually type in 126+enter to select OR press the + and - buttons (beneath the data wheel) together to select the currently-being-edited ID to save to.
- Done. You will be back in the Setup mode list. Note the ⋅ (dot) preceding the ID, indicating this is now a 'user' object (vs factory).
- Press Program to return to Program mode, and you will now notice SW2 advances the onscreen program selection once per step.
Need more info? Check out the following links: