How can I restore my unit to factory defaults? (hard reset)
How can I restore my Mark 12/Mark 112/Mark 152 to its factory defaults? (hard reset)
Caution: Hard resetting will erase all user memory ! Need be, back up any custom data to disk before proceeding. (see manual for details)
There are two methods for performing a hard reset on a Mark 12/112/152:
- MIDI/Prefs Menu Method:
- start with the power on
- press the MIDI/Prefs Button
- press the button under Reset in the display
- press the button under "Do it"
- Boot Loader Method: (useful if your screen is blank and cannot perform the MIDI/Prefs menu method)
- start with the unit off (i.e., unplug it)
- hold down the KEY START, KEY STOP, and LAYER / VOLUME buttons
- turn the unit on; wait 2 seconds then release all the buttons.
You are now in the Boot Block.
- press Next.
- select "HARD RESET"
- answer Yes to prompts that follow
- select Run Engine
The unit is now reset.
Need more info? Check out the following links: