Song Recording Basics
What are the basic steps to using the on-board Song recorder?
- Press/hold SHIFT + RECORD (aka Bank) to enter Song Record mode.
- Using the data wheel (and/or -/NO +/YES buttons) select one of five available user song ID's to record "to" (User Song 1, User Song 2, ...User Song 5).
- Press/hold SHIFT + RECORD (again) to enter Record Ready mode (Preparation for recording):
Note on screen you will see a small "REC" tab displayed to indicate you are in Record Ready status.
- Using the VOICES select buttons, choose your desired instrument to record with.
- (optional) Using the Metronome buttons enable the metronome click to record along with.
- Using the TEMPO buttons, set the desired song tempo.
- As needed, press+hold SHIFT along with one of the Track buttons to designate which track to record 'to' (the default will always be the first empty melody track).
A flashing track button indicates the track you will record to.
A solid track button indicates a track that already contains a recorded performance.
An unlit track button indicates an empty/unused track.
Note: if recording to the ACCOMP track, use the STYLES section buttons to pick your desired style, chord mode etc.
- Press START/STOP button to start recording -OR- just start playing (the recorder will begin recording automatically when you touch a piano key).
- When done recording the track, press/hold SHIFT + RECORD to stop recording. The Recorder will immediately auto-play your performance. Press START/STOP to stop playback as needed.
- Go back to step 3 and repeat to record additional tracks.
Need more info? Check out the following links: