Formatting Floppy Disks
What are the steps to format a floppy disk?
- Write enable (tab in the down position-window closed) a blank disk or one you wish to erase; place it in the drive.
- Press the DISK button.
- Press the soft button under Format. (you may need to press the [more] buttons to locate this selection)
- Respond to the question "Format this disk?" by pressing the soft button under the YES response.
- The display will allow you to select whether the disk should be formatted as a 720K or 1.4M disk. Make your selection depedning on the type of disk you are using (1.4M HD disks are most common)
- Respond YES to the question asking "This will erase everything. Continue?"
- Press the YES button again when the display asks a final time "Are you really sure?".
- When formatting is done, in later model OS's, you may next be prompted to "format another floppy?" (yes/no), otherwise the display will return to its previous state.
Need more info? Check out the following links: